Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dream ~ Day 10


I had a dream/vision in 1980...There was a BIG crowd of people gathered together at the football field here in our town, filling it and the stadium completely. It was a dream of reuniting/reconnecting people. Family to family, friends to friends, neighbor to neighbor, town to town, reaching out to one another. Linking arms.

I have never forgot that dream...

Well, a couple weeks ago I was confronted with an opportunity to make that happen...a BIG and SCARY opportunity for me to get out of my comfort zone and make it happen! The event is to take place on Labor Day Weekend 2010.

It starts out with getting to know your neighbors, having a block party, and inviting the whole town to participate.

For one designated evening, turning off the TV set, the computer, ipods, phones, laying attitudes aside, for a chance to simply reconnect. To celebrate each other. To meet a neighbor. Link arms, neighbor to neighbor, family to family and unite for one night off...together.

We live near some of the nicest people in the world...it's time we get to know them!

It is time to bring community and relationship back to the forefront of minds and hearts. No political agendas, religious barriers, no campaigns for causes, coming together in unity.

Rekindling America...one relationship at a time.

The most basic of all human function relies on "relationships". Without truly connection with people, what does life look like? Whisked away behind closed doors of voluntary isolation? Too busy to say "Hello" to someone new on the block?

Scary, YES! But I can do all things through Christ who leads me, guides me and strengthens me!

BE unrealistic, think big, think out of the box, work from your passion, stick your neck out take a risk, get out of your comfort zone, be brave, be impulsive, take your time, take your rest, create, dream, have fun, help others to score, listen, admire, give compliments, be supportive, change, surprise yourself, re-invent, give, think but not to deep, take action, live life to the max and ENJOY IT!

5 comments:

Inner-Creative-Voice said...

Wow! Debbie...what a wonderful commitment to yourself and your community...and the greater community and world:) A truly magnificent dream/reality.

Would love to hear more on this from you. Perhaps a blog entry when the next day nears and we can all connect in our individual communities, knowing that we are in wonderful company around the world:)
Love and light to you, my blogging friend:)
Susan

Vanessa Shelton said...

Debbie, I didn't know you had dreamed this so long ago. That will make the event especially meaningful and memorable for you!

But I thought we weren't supposed to talk about it yet. :)

I do love your enthusiasm!

BeaK. said...

Yes, I think we should all join Debbie and bring as many together on the date as possible in our own area.

Are we not supposed to talk about it ? Too late now...

Hugs

Bea Kunz

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Debbie I think about this type of thing a lot. So many people are stuck behing there computers, tv , etcetera. Why are people anti-people and don't have time for people. They are running around like chickens and not really doing anything. I like the idea and will try to implement this in my area. Thanks

Greatvictories said...

Thank you ladies,
I will keep you posted on things as they transpire. Still a lot in the works. But yes, would be great to have you all join when it happens :-)