Friday, May 8, 2009

Resting In God's Love



PaPa God has me in a "be still" and "seek ME" season...to refresh myself, heart, mind and soul in Him so I can effectively go out and refresh and restore others in Him and His love. He is bringing restoration in our family situations...that is very exciting for us!! Generations will sing of His praise, He will be exalted forever more!!

I will not forget all His benefits!

I was driving to my sisters yesterday and asked PaPa God how long He wants me to “be still?”...His response; “you draw near to Me, seek My face, and watch Me work on your behalf. I don't want you getting in my way.” WOW!!

Like in Gen. 15, God's Covenant with Abraham, He wants me to prepare a sacrifice Myself) and bring it to Him (which is me, letting go of busyness and sitting at His feet).

Like Martha, I sometimes get so busy "doing" that I can't be what He wants us to be, therefore keeping me from effectively "doing" what He wants us to do. It is very hard for me to "be still," there's work to be done. But now I am sitting at His feet. I don’t want to be so busy striving to please Him that I won’t be able to relax enough to just sit back and enjoy the relationship with Him.

Martha made that mistake spending all her time treating Jesus as a guest when what He wanted her to do was relax and simply be with Him.
(Luke 10:38-42)

“For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace not evil, to give me a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29:11)

No comments: