Sunday, May 3, 2009

In My Father's Hands


At age four my father died while reading my brother and I a story. Mom remarried and divorced years later. We went to church on Sunday’s but I can’t say that the family “lived” a godly live or that I really learned how to believe, or trust in God. I prayed all the time though.

I got pregnant at age sixteen, married the father. He was 18, became a drunk and abuser both physically and mentally, almost killing me. The marriage only lasted two years.

I was a single mother, not divorced. Having lived with a man, I became pregnant again but had a miscarriage. The doctors never give me a DNC. I didn’t know that then and I begin to have many health issues and surgeries over the next seven years.
Doctors who did the surgeries never said anything about me having a miscarriage??

When I was twenty-four, God brought a lady into my life, I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior. God brought a man into my life and we married three years later.

I was still very sick, blacking out quite often. A friend told me about a good doctor. I went through an exploratory surgery and found out that I had been carrying that miscarriage for seven years! It was almost gangrene inside me. The doctors said it was a miracle I was alive. I ended up having a complete hysterectomy at age twenty-nine.

Ten years later I applied for a job at a school, having to go through a complete physical, they discovered I had hepatitis C from a blood transfusion I received when I had the hysterectomy. That meant liver biopsies, the hepatitis shots, and blood work every six months to keep a check on my liver enzymes.

After the biopsy the doctors wanted to treat me with the Interferon treatments. I refused saying I will fix it with the help of God and change in my diet. They told me that it was impossible to repair my liver. I said there is NOTHING impossible with God.

In 2003 God healed my liver!! Today there is no sign of liver damage or the hepatitis after having another biopsy!

To God be all the glory, honor, and praise with much thanksgiving!

As I look back on my life, I KNOW God had me in the palm of His hand. He has done and continues doing many great and mighty things in and through my life.

Apart from Him we can do nothing! (John 15:5). BUT…with God ALL THINGS are possible! (Matthew 19:26).

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:33).

No comments: