Sunday, May 17, 2009

Give Time To Quietness


"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)

The fight that we have been called to is not an easy fight. we are touching the very center of the enemy's power and kingdom, and he hates us intensely and fights hard against us. Without being disciplined soldiers, utterly out~and~out and uncompromising, men and women of prayer...we have no chance of winning in this fight. These battles belong to the Lord, He wants to fight them for us and through us.

To do so we first and most important, must give MUCH time to quietness. We have to get our help directly from our God. We are here to help, not to be helped, and we must learn to walk with God alone and feed on His Word so as to be nourished.

Don't only read and pray, LISTEN. "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)

Don't evade the slightest whisper of guidance that comes. May God make you very sensitive, and very obedient.

Fill up the crevices of time with the things that matter most. This will cost something, but it is worth it! "Seek ye My face, My heart said unto thee, Thy face Lord, will I seek." Psalm 27:8)

All this will be, if you walk with Him as with a visible Companion, from dawn through all the hours until you go to sleep at night. And your nights will be holy, too, for He is watching over your sleep as your mother watched over it when you were a tiny child.

"He will give His angels charge over you." (Psalm 91:11)

No comments: