Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Father's Love For Me


Wow, it’s so awesome when spending time with PaPa God, how He reveals His love and His promises to me!!

Restoration…He is not only restoring my son and my relationship, but He is restoring His and my relationship, drawing me closer to Him in order that I He can lavish His Father love on me!! WOW, how can it get any better?

Today PaPa showed me that I am His “happy thought,” even when I sin. Even when I sin He still loves me and He longs to be the One I run to for comfort and forgiveness. He is love and His perfect love casts out all fear. (1John 4:18) He has a heart of compassion, not one of wrath and judgment.

Forgive me PaPa for believing that You are angry with me…it’s hard to accept Your love and forgiveness at times because of my guilt and shame, and because I never had an earthly fathers love. When I feel ashamed or guilty, I often run and hide as Adam did in the Garden of Eden. Thank You that You are giving me a new image of You!

I thank You that Jesus came to demonstrate who You are and what You are like. I turn to Jesus whose purpose it was to show us the You, our Father. Jesus is the image of the invisible God and the exact representation of God’s nature. (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:4) HE IS LOVE!! And because God is love, everything He does is out of love for us. I don’t have to perform for Him or live a life of perfection in order to gain His approval. How awesome is that?

When I have an accurate understanding of His nature, I don’t possess an unhealthy fear of Him, I don’t have to jump through hoops to earn His love. The religion of fear WILL NOT have a hold on me, even when I sin, I can still crawl up into my Father’s lap and seek His love and forgiveness.

Because I have so many misconceptions about my PaPa, I sometimes don’t truly feel at home in His presence if my house doesn’t smell just right…(you know, like how we act when family and good friends are sitting around after eating a “pot of bean soup” vs. how we would act if we have our pastor or business acquaintances and their family around) You get the picture J

I pray for a visitation from Him, but what I really want is a habitation with me.
He doesn’t want to be come into my life as a guest, when I’m on my best behavior around Him until He leave…He wants to be Someone who I can share a “pot of bean soup” with.

I don’t want to be so busy striving to please Him that I won’t be able to relax enough to just sit back and enjoy the relationship with Him.

Martha made that mistake spending all her time treating Jesus as a guest when what He wanted her to do was relax and simply be with Him.
(Luke 10:38-42)

Thank You PaPa that my relationship with You isn’t based on what I do, but what Jesus has done for me! I am the person I am because of the image of Father God I have. (John 5:19; 8:38)

He wants to be my “happy though” in the times of distress, fear, and failure and He wants me to understand that!
“For I know the thoughts I think toward you says the Lord, thoughts of peace not evil, to give me a future and a hope.” (Jer. 29:11)

Thank You PaPa for the many Scriptures that demonstrate how, in Christ I am His “happy thought.”
I WILL allow the Holy Spirit to begin to transform my image of Father into that of a loving Daddy who longs to care for me!

I thank PaPa that You loves me with an everlasting love. Thank You that I’ve never not been loved by You. (Jer. 31:3)
* You love me so much that You gave Your only Son to die for me so I might know Your love.
(John 3:16)
* You love me so much that You want to express Your love and affection to me. (Jer. 16:27)
* Nothing can separate me (not even my faults) from Your love for me. (Romans 8:38-39)
* You love me just as much as You love Your Son Jesus. (John 17:23) Even when I sin, You love me and ask me to sit beside You. (Eph. 2:4-6)
* You want me to overflow with Your love. (Eph. 3:19)
* Even when I’m wounded, You see me as beautiful and take pleasure in me. (Ps. 149:4)
* Your thoughts toward me are always good and filled with hope for me. (Jer. 29:11)
* My love for Him fills Him with ecstasy and joy. (Song of Solomon 4:10)
* He will never leave me, He wants to meet all my needs. (Luke 15:31)
* He made His home with me. (John 14:23)
* He is not ashamed to be my Father. (Heb. 11:16)
* He has forgiven my iniquities (bad secret thoughts) and remembers my sin no more. (Jer. 31:34)
* He has put all my sin under His feet and cast them into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:19)
* He redeemed me and has forgiven all my sin. (Col. 1:13-14)
* He forgave and cleansed me from all my sin. (1 John 1:9)
* I’m called a child of Father God. (John 1:12) Glory to God!
* He sees me just as if I had never sinned. (Romans 5:1)
* I belong to my loving Father, not to the world. (1 Cor. 6:19-20)
* In His love I am complete! (Col. 2:10)
* In His love I am free forever from condemnation. (Romans 8:1-2)
* You are always for me and not against me. (Romans 8:31)
* Troubles don’t separate me from Your love. (Romans 8:35)
* In His love I am hidden from sin. (Col. 3:3)
* In His love I find grace and mercy. (Heb. 4:16)
* His perfect love for me displaces my fears. (1 John 4:18)
* The evil one has no right to touch me while I’m in His arms. (1 John 5:18)
* He wants to hold and comfort me when I am afraid. (Isaiah 66:12-13)
* He doesn’t judge me. (John 5:22) Jesus came to save me from my sin, not to judge or condemn me for it. (John 4:47)

WOW!! And it keeps coming upon me!

* I am a witness of Your love to the world. (Acts 1:8)
* I am a minister of Your restoring love. (2 Cor. 5:18)
* I am an ambassador of Your love to the world. (2 Cor. 5:20)
* I can do all things in Your love. (Phil. 4:13)
* Jesus isn’t ashamed of me. (Heb. 2:11)
* I am filled with Your power, love and a sound mind. (2Tim. 1:7)

I want to THANK my PaPa God for His love for me…it truly is deeper than I can ever think or imagine!!

No comments: