Monday, November 17, 2008

CALLED TO GO


We who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior have been given the command to go out into the whole world and preach the gospel.
The Lord saved us from our sins and forever secured our eternity and now calls us His disciples who are to go forth showing others the truth that we have found. Heaven and Hell are both very real and every soul will spend eternity in one of these two places. (Mark 16:15-16) (Revelation 20:11-15)

It is our responsibility to share the simple truth of the Lord with all who are lost and introduce them to the Risen Savior who died so that they might live forever with Him. Encourage yourself to be a witness for Christ because every soul is precious to Him and He wishes for none to perish but that all should come to repentance. (Romans 10:12-15) (2 Peter 3:9)

Lately I've been feeling the Lord calling me to go somewhere for Him. I never thought I'd be called to be a missionary, but I can clearly hear Him calling me. This place He's asking me to go frightens me. Maybe all missionaries feel that way at first.

Many questions run though my mind about this place. What are the people like? What are their beliefs? Do they even believe God exists?

I wonder how I will ever get the courage to go and, if I do, how will I go about telling them of Jesus? Will they reject me? Will they ridicule me? Will I fail Him?

This place He's sending me is so scary! I'm afraid to go, but I know I must. Otherwise, how will they ever hear the Good News? Who will tell them if I don't?

Yes, I can clearly hear Him calling me to go...across the street...to my neighbor.

Romans 10:13-15 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Isaiah 55:6-7 Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

2 Corinthians 5:17-19 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that
God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

No comments: