Monday, January 5, 2009

Keeping God's Attention


"I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from where comes my help. My help comes from the Lord, which made heaven and earth" (Psalm 121:1-20).

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to keep someone's attention. I went through that as an immature teenager, desperatedly seeking to impress other people.

I recall those ridiculous things I went through...trying to dress right and in style...having my hair just right...working so hard to impress. I felt their fondness for me waxed and waned according to how cool my overtures were.

What a disaster that was! Through it all, I learned something that has stayed with me through the years.

I am reminded of those days every time I catch myself trying to keep God's attention.

Please don't make the mistake of supposing God's interest in you waxes and wanes in response to your spiritual tempature. God's love doesn't waver according to how many victories you may have over sin or how many times you use His name in your prayers. His love for you goes deeper than mere affection or surface infatuation.

Let the matchless love of God sweep away your doubt and fears. You already have His attention and you will never lose it.
Every moment, Every situation, Every issue, and Every concern has a positive side. Find it and bring it to life.

No comments: