Friday, January 30, 2009

Dreams...Where Does One Begin?


Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4)

We are all one...There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for we are all one in Christ. (Gal. 3:28)

Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ. (Phil. 3:13-14)

Now for my dreams...To think of other as more important than myself, that I can show the world the love of God by being the example of Jesus' love. Without a doubt, His theme was love. To love the Lord my God with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind. AND, love my neighbor as myself. (Deut. 6:5, Romans 13:8-10)

To daily "Seek Him and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto me."

Imagine what would happen if all the world became genuine lovers of neighbors??

We have been influenced by the culture far more than we have influenced culture. We have fought fire with fire, hatred with hatred. We have sometimes exalted ourselves and put others down~often in the name of defending the Truth. We have treated others with disrespect in an effort to convince them that they are wrong and we are right.As citizens, we should be involved on every level and in every corner of society, but our attitude is to be LOVE.

We are to seek the good of others, treating all individuals with dignity and respect, even when we disagree intellectually or politically with their position.

The basic challenge to us today is to be people of love on a daily basis, whether or not a social crisis exists.

We know that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son. He wants to make us Christ-like in attitude and lifestyle. He uses every harsh experiences for that purpose.

It's His love that I seek to share, it's His Spirit that enables me to communicate it to others. I open my heart daily to receive His love and look for opportunities to share the treasures with others.

LOVE is the most powerful weapon in the world for good.

Let me start my work in faith, continue in obedience and finish with love.

No comments: