Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's Your Miracle?

First and foremost, my salvation from a life of drugs and alcohol!

In 2003 I went on my very first missions trip to Mindaneo Philippines. It was right after the Burnham's kidnapping. There was a High Red terrorist alert out at that time. Our host family, myself, my traveling partner, and the police took an hour pump boat ride to a village to minister and have a feeding.

When we finished, we got back to our vehicle, a flatbed truck in which we rode in the back of to our destination through the jungle.

A truck load of rebels come up from a hillside. We had no idea we were in danger, but our host pastor did. Later on, the village pastor asked the rebels why they did not attack us? They were told that there was a band of men surrounding the truck so they just took off.

Things like that took place quite often while I was there, yet I did not feel in danger at all. I felt that if I die, I die, and the worst thing that could happen...I would go to heaven.

The hand of God is upon us and He gives His angels charge over us.
Let us not grow weary in well doing. He will never leave us nor forsake us. We will see the great things the Lord will do when we stand fast in the faith.

No comments: